Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sunflower- Russia

Everyone was afraid of Russia.  You were not. You always said, 'Never judge a book by its cover.' The way he smiled made your heart melt. You had to admit, you wanted to become friends with the mysterious country.
Once again, Russia was quietly sitting in his chair, smiling. You were about to walk toward to him, when America and China grabbed your arms and tried to drag you away from Russia.
"NO! Do not go, aru!"
"Yeah! Russia is a scary dude!"
You smacked them away, "I can do whatever I want." You walked away from them. You made your way over to Russia. He opened his eyes, "Oh, ___? What do you need?" He looked at you innocently. Sometimes, you think there was a child in a man's body.
"I just wanted to talk to you." You were nervous, but gave a smile.
"Oh, thank you." He smiled.
"So... why do you not talk during the meeting?"
"Hm.. I do not talk because it is hard to talk with the other countries make the big noise, da?" He talked with a Russian accent.
"Yeah, I guess you are right...."

..........
An awkward moment of silence......
"Hey, Russia."
"Yes ____?"
"How about we skip the meeting."
He blinked twice, "Da."
You walked outside with him. He stopped and picked a sunflower.
"___.... why do you talk to me?"
You pretended to think about it. "It is easy, silly~! I want to be your friend!"
"Friend.." Russia tried out the word. "I like it!" He giggled. You smiled.
When it was time to leave, he gave you something wrapped. He left. You opened the package. It was the sunflower.

Everyday, you two escaped from the meeting that seemed like a prison. Everyday, you talked to him. A month passed, and you found out you have fallen for the country.

Like everyday, the routine continue. Although today was a bit different. You were on a hill, over looking a small patch of  sunflower.
Russia was the first to speak. "It is very cold in my country. I wish I could live in a warm place, where a lot of sunflowers grow. " You looked at him, and gave him a smile. You two noticed the countries leaving the meeting, marking the end of your time with Russia. You got up, "Well, see you later Russia!" "Da. I will see you tomorrow."

You walked away from him. You were almost at your house when you heard someone shout your name. "___!" Someone hugged you from behind. You turned around. It was Russia. "Russia? What are you doing here?"
"I-I forgot to give you something!" He took out something. It was a sunflower. He handed it to you.
He once again hugged you, "___, will you be my sunflower?"
You hugged him back, "Da..." You felt that your heart was going to explode from happiness.


"But... how are we going to tell Belarus?"
Russia's eyes widened.
 
(guys, there is a part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment